Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thunder storms!

Around 2:30am I woke to lighting and thunder! I was so excited! I had only been dreaming of a good thunderstorm since we moved from Texas! 20 months later I finally got to enjoy a little bit of one. I must say it was nothing in comparison to a Texas Thunderstorm. But it was wonderful! Brandon & I were sleeping downstairs with the windows open, so it was pretty loud. It brought back all the wonderful memories of the day we moved into our house in Texas. I was stubborn when we moved to Texas and didn't want to rent before we bought a house. I wanted to find a home, Cody would start Kindergarten that year and I didn't want to rent, then have a chance to move him during the school year. So we stayed in an extended stay hotel while I house hunted with 3 kids! So the day we signed on our house was Heavenly! 32 days in that hotel was a nightmare, but...much better than signing a lease somewhere. Soo we got our keys to our house and I told Brandon we were going to just sleep on the floor that night! We had no window covers since the house was new construction. And all we had were some pillows and blankets. Our stuff wasn't moved in yet. That night was great! We were all asleep when the house started shaking and the entire house was lit up like all the lights were on! It was amazing! I had never seen a lightning show like that, or felt the thunder vibrate a house to where it moves your home! I didn't sleep the entire first night we were in our house. But I did fall in love with the storms in Texas. The beauty of them! Amazing! So since we have moved here, I have missed them soooooo much. Last night gave me a little joy as I looked out the window for a few minutes and saw the rain come down and heard the thunder. My family all slept through it. I did wake Brandon up just to share my pure happiness :) And to close the windows!:) The only thing I did miss was turning the tv on and seeing if a tornado warning was in effect!! :) But it was very nice to just lay back down and go right to sleep. It was short lived, but I can't wait for another Thunder Storm to come our way!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I loved it last night too! I had gotten up to let Bailey out and the first big thunder shook me awake! I stayed awake watching the lightning and waiting for thunder with Bailey out on our porch! We need to have more of those this summer!

Janae' said...

You are soo cute. I LOVE our Arkansas storms too. Looks like we will get some tonight.. I can't wait!!