Mom....Mom...Mom..Can you please come up to my school?? We are making Candy trains!! Please, Please!!! Before Christmas Break Hailey just couldn't wait for the day to come that their class to make the Candy trains!! Her beautiful Big Brown Eyes would sparkle everytime she would come up to me and ask me about it!! She would say mom, do you think you will feel better in time to come up? I would say absolutely Hailey I will be there no matter what! I just knew that it meant the world to her. For some reason...this was big for Hailey. Was it the licorice?? The frosting?? We all know she has a sweat tooth..Or was it just the spirit of the christmas season. I didn't know. But I knew it was important to her. Well the snow came and school was canceled! Oh no!! Her heart was broke! Yes she was happy for the snow, but saddned that she could not get to make her fabulous Candy train! She would have to wait another year!!
Mom...Mom...will they still do it? Mom....you are still coming right? Yes Hailey I will still come , I will be there!! The break took forever! ha ha! Hailey thought she was never going to get to make that Candy train!! :) The morning of she woke up like it was christmas!! (I think we need to make Candy trains every day!! ) she thought the day she went back to school she would get to make the train. Mom...you are coming to the school right? You will be there? Well they didn't make the trains on Monday. But when she got home that night she had a little red note in her back pack that said Friday was the big day!! Mom...look...we get to still do it!! Will you please please please come!! Yes Hailey I will come for sure Hailey I won't miss it!! You promise mom!! Yes Hailey I promise!!! :) Not sure what majic is in a Candy train, but Hailey found it today!! Her big brown eyes lit up every time she spread that sugary frosting on that little candy train!! And we loved every minute of being able to experience it with her!! Thanks Hailey !! My little Brown eyed wonder!! We love you!!






5 comments:
Julie, you look so good! And your kids are growing like weeds! Looks like you are all having fun.
Julie, I am so glad to see you blogged something!! It has been so long. I have missed the updates.. I loved reading and seeing all the pictures..
Hailey is so adorable! I am glad you were able to make it! I love you like a sista girl!
She is so much fun! I am glad things worked out as she hoped; they just get their hearts set on the simplest things-- but that is one thing I just love about kids and being a mom, the simple joys :)
What a SWEET HEART! I'm so happy Brandon got to go too. She will probably always remember that. I will never forget when you took me to the airport in October and her big brown eyes filled with tears and she started to cry because I was leaving...she has such a tender heart. I think you have found your double! You were just as sweet when you were her age. And of course you are STILL a Sweety!!!!
Post a Comment