All three of these Crazy children headed back to school today! The morning started off great! 6 am! Wow that is early! Especially for this early morming mama :)lol . The kids were excited to get ready for the first day of school. Hailey -1st grade. Kayla-3rd grade and Cody-5th grade. Morning went good until of all people Kayla went to put her back pack on and we found out it had a nice slice in the back of it! Looked like a razor blade cut it when a box was opened at the store. So 1st melt down of the morning. Then Hailey's shoes felt a little to tight! :) tighter than a couple days before when we purchased them. So she was sad for about 30 seconds and then she shook it off. Cody on the other hand just couldn't wait to be all grown up and be a 5th grader. He had been chosen to be on Patrol Duty. Something only 5th graders can do. He tried out for it at the end of last year , and showed he was responsible enough to do it. So he was super excited to count down the minutes until it was time to leave. Of course this meant arriving at school earlier than the rest of the other classmates. That was cool! :)We got to the school and they were as happy as could be. Kayla a little nervous but excited along with Cody and Hailey.
Now I just couldn't wait to get home to have a little peace and quite! Only 1 child at home all day I thought! Mmm , this sounds nice. I can get a lot done. So of course I did some cleaning while Rylan played. It felt great. Then I decided to jump in the shower! Well we all know that at Julie's house everything happens when I am in the shower. So with out Cody or anyone to help watch Rylan I decided to have him come upstairs with me and I locked my bedroom door while I showered. So I just have to share this momemt of my day with my precious two year old. I unlocked the door after I was dressed. Well I had just dressed Rylan in a new outfit that Brandon picked out for him. It was all of the sudden quite. So of course this is a matter of maybe 5 minutes I go downstairs......AHHHHHH...Rylan had gotten a chair and climbed on the counter opened the cubboard and on the top shelf of the highest cupboard ...fingernail polish!! So now Rylan has two blue feet!! He was painting his feet. He managed to spill on the tile and in the grout. On his brand new outfit that he got to wear all of 15 minutes clean!! I thought I was going to dye!! Easy with just one child home Right!!! Wrong!! Luckily all the fingernail polish came off the tile and in the grout. You can't tell the event even happened. Except for the fingernail polish on his feet and clothes. Which thankfully Karin so kindly helped find a reciep online to hopefully take that out! I will never know how Rylan can be so smart to have noticed that the fingernail polish was kept on the top shelf of the highest cupboard???? No clue!! So that was my quiet day with just one child at home! :)Then the other 3 came home. They had a great 1st day at school. They loved everything about it!! We were happy!!!!!






4 comments:
Julie, your life cracks me up and congratulations on a Perfect Score girl!!
The life of a mom is so crazy whether it be one child or ten! It seems like our little boys especially keep us on our toes, LOL! I can't wait for Rylan and Connor to meet up again, they must be from the same gene string.
I am glad your kids had a good day despite some morning set backs. I hope this year is a great one!
I still can't believe he climbed up and can't that from the highest shelf! What a sneaky little kid! He is so adorable it is hard to be mad at his little face though, right!? One day down girl! I can't wait to see what this year brings for the kids!
love those pictures, and I don't doubt that Cody IS the most responsible 5th grader
Post a Comment