Monday, December 15, 2008

Cutting Down The Christmas Tree!






Christmas came so fast for me this year! Here is was 10 days before christmas and no tree in the house??? I could not believe it!! Before I had my surgery I knew I had to take care of Thanksgiving but...I wasn't even thinking about decorating for christmas!! Normally we put up our decorations up the day after Thanksgiving and go cut down the tree. This year we knew it would be a little bit after.....not 10 days before christmas!! I finally got out of my house and was in my car seeing all christmas lights and the christmas trees through the windows of other peoples homes when it hit me! I had my first break down!! Ha Ha! Well we were off with in a couple days to get our christmas tree, and you know what...It was a ton of fun, and it felt like the day after Thanksgiving!! Christmas music was playing!! It was freezing outside and the kids were as happy as they could be!! Cody was so proud to be old enough to hold the saw this year and actually cut the tree down. That was so fun for him! He loved it!! We decided to keep the tree green this year and not flock it at all , not even the tips. It was perfect. They loved it!! In fact it is still up!! :) I realized it does not matter how long you wait to put the tree up!! It is the experience in itself and the joy that comes with it!

1 comment:

Karin said...

What a beautiful tree...and how fun! to cut it down yourself. You guys do things the fun way! Cute pictures!