Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day of Geo caching!








What a beautiful day for Geo caching! When Dad & Ann came back from Arizona they brought back a travel bug with them. They loved caching with the Clarks so much , dad went out and bought a hand held GPS! So of course we had to try and find sand for this travel bug, and what a good day to spend looking for it! I looked up a few coordinates online and we set out with some water and snacks for the kids. Cody wasn't with us. He spent the day with his good friend Enrique from Church. But the girls and Rylan had a blast! Our first stop was Walmart, sounds odd for Geo caching?? Well your right! Ann ran in and got Rylan a speed racer helmet!! Of course that made his day, and many many more to come! Then we were off to our first stop. No clouds in sight. You actually could see all three mountains from our first stop. It was so pretty. We never found that one. We went as far as we could but the berry bushes were so tall we needed a machete!! So we continued for the day. On to Lewis River. That was a fun one. Dad found the big tree, and Kayla found the box! How exciting that was! Off we went to have a picnic....Well I had said I wanted to go to the lake really bad today. So silly dad had his "Rebecca" guide me to this little state park Lake. It was so cute. We had a picnic "Dad style" pictures to prove it! :) So tasty!! And the kids played at the park. After we went down to the water and of course my camera died. But they enjoyed watching the ducks and the people fishing off the dock. I could have stayed all day! It was so peaceful and beautiful! I really appreciated the beauty of the Northwest today!

4 comments:

Janae' said...

Hey!! That was so great to read and see!! BUT... LOL>. What is geo caching? I have no idea..

jayme said...

I can't believe how grown up Kayla looks in that last picture! We need to come up and visit soon.

jayme said...

Oh, and I like Brandon's shirt. MD is my all time favorite carbonated beverage. I had a friend in highschool refer to it as nectar of the gods.

Karin said...

That looks like soooo much fun!
You all look sooo skinny!
I wish I was there to follow "rebecca" & Cache wih you!
miss you